Prajna

This is the blog of Sukumar and friends.

Monday, October 05, 2009

The anthropic principle and the water droplet


I once meditated by a mountain stream. A drop of water landed on the rock next to me and said, "Oh my! How special must I be! Of all possible physical conditions, the parameters that had to be tuned just so in order that stars and galaxies could evolve, then for the temperature to be so delicately balanced as to allow liquid water to form on this planet. These mountains were truly created so that I might come into being, all these tributaries with their billions of water molecules feeding into this stream just for my sake and this rock placed here just for me to land, all those forces so delicately balanced so that I would be born out of this mass of water and land just here in order to fulfill my destiny!"

And then a little wave swept by and carried my drop away with the rest.

As I too would be one day.


Read Deepak Chopra's original article on the HuffingtonPost

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home